Videos andcase studies
The Adam Sanger story
Adam Sager died from mesothelioma (an asbestos related disease) at the age of 25. His family has shared his heartbreaking story to raise awareness about the dangers of asbestos. Adam was exposed to asbestos at 18 months and his parents urge all families to protect themselves.
Cumberland Council's free asbestos pick up service has been selected for a case study by the Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency. Cumberland Council offers its residents a free asbestos collection, to collect small amounts of loose, non-friable asbestos laying dormant on residential properties. You can view the video featuring members of the Environment and Resource Recovery Team here.